Our social skills videos are our most popular resource – we’re really proud of these and very excited about their potential – but people sometimes have a lot of questions on how they work. Fear not! I’m going to quickly give you the answers to the most popular questions we receive. Let’s get started!
Basic Library Overview
- Our social skills videos library consists of 250+ social skills videos. Browse them all here.
- We have three different types of videos (click link below to learn more):
- Social Skills in Action – these are the videos we’re best known for, because they were the first ones we created! These 2-3 minute clips dive deeper into specific skills, and include thought bubbles and internal thoughts. These really help viewers understand everyone’s perspective and are great for groups or 1-on-1’s.
- Activities – These longer activities & games are perfect for groups and for those kiddos that get tired of traditional videos. Unlike Modeling and Social Skills In Action, these have less context, and put more emphasis on the viewer identifying what’s going on in the scene. Working on everything from problem solving to conversation skills, perspective taking, and beyond, you’ll be able to find a game for you.
- Modeling – These simple, short videos clearly show a skill 3 times. The first time is presented without commentary, to allow the student to identify the behavior. Second is From My View, where the actor in the video restates their action. Third is Further Practice, where we go a little more in depth. Each section stands on it’s own, so it’s up to you how deep to go!
- Each video has a companion worksheet. Browse all the worksheets here.
- We have a 30 day, risk free trial. Try all the videos 100% free. If they aren’t for you, cancel before the 30 days are up and you won’t pay a penny.
- We accept purchase orders for the Annual subscription. Get more info.
Is There Any Way To Try the Videos Before Purchasing?
This is the most popular question we get! We recently implemented a 30 Day Unlimited Free Trial. You get access to our entire library, plus companion worksheets, 100% free for 30 days. Watch as much as you like! Check out the free trial here.
How Does the Free Trial Work?
To get your free trial, click this link, then choose “Start Free Trial” in the upper right hand corner. Choose whether you want a yearly or monthly subscription (significant savings with yearly), and enter in your information.
You will NOT be charged until 30 days from the date you sign up. So, if the videos aren’t for you, cancel anytime before then and you won’t be charged a penny. If you decide you like the videos, you can stay subscribed to lock in your price – it’ll never go up, no matter how many videos we add. We just filmed a bunch more videos, which will be coming soon! If you subscribe today, you’ll get those at no additional charge.
How Many Videos Do You Have?
Our library currently consists of 240+ videos, and is growing every month! Browse all of our videos here.
What Ages Are These Videos Appropriate For?
We often get asked if videos are appropriate for certain age groups. It’s a really hard question to answer, because there are so many variables. We’ve built out our library to fit a wide range of needs and abilities, and feel that we have a video for every student on your caseload. With the addition of the Modeling and Activities videos, we’ve got a wide range of complexity, detail, and nuance – something for everyone.
Where Can I Watch the Videos? Are they DVDs?
These videos are entirely digital and are hosted by our video platform vendor, VHX. Once you purchase them, you’ll get instant access via your email address. These can be viewed from anywhere you can access the web, including:
- Streaming access – log in and watch from any computer!
- Watch on your tablet – BOTH iPad and Android users can access the videos at any time through the web browser on your tablet
- Watch via the Everyday Speech App – Stream or sync videos to your iPad (or iPhone!) for offline use with the Everyday Speech iPad app
These options mean you can watch these from ANYWHERE. If you’re in a different classroom, school, or just forgot your laptop, you can easily get access to the videos from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Are There Any Companion Activities That My Students Can Use to Follow Along?
Yes! We released companion worksheets, meaning each video now has an activity to go along with it! You’ll receive those with the videos.
Do You Accept Purchase Orders?
Yes, we do. For more information, visit this link.
Well, that about wraps it up! Any questions, definitely let us know!
Thanks again so much!
Brittany + Cal, Everyday Speech